The Institute for Study Abroad, an independent non-profit organization affiliated with Butler University, is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Program Management and Development division.
The Program Coordinator (PC) is responsible for supporting and contributing to the management of IFSA-Butler programs abroad, while maintaining high standards of excellence and efficiency. The PC reports to the Assistant Director for Program Management and Development. This role assists primarily with the management of IFSA's regularly-offered ("catalog") programming and development of customized programming to meet the needs of IFSA-Butler's U.S. sending institutions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Management, Operations, and Administration (60%)
- Support communications between U.S.-based and international staff, fostering a collaborative climate.
- Support the implementation of assigned programs and/or projects, managing cross-functional program calendars and checklists; ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with ongoing initiatives related to the management of catalog and customized programs.
- Recommend organizational systems that facilitate efficient workflow processes and help to resolve problems as they arise.
- Contribute and review content for externally-facing resources, events, and meetings as needed.
- Support accurate record-keeping across various technological platforms, building out program information and timelines in Salesforce, Basecamp, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.
- Assist with research, data entry and analysis, and reporting for a wide range of projects. Draft correspondence, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Regularly review program-specific content to ensure accuracy: on website, in print materials, in contact lists, etc.
- Accurately complete clerical duties, including, but not limited to, filing, photocopying, mailing, and generating letters and enrollment documents.
Custom and Collaborative Programming (40%)
- Support the development and management of customized programs throughout the proposal process, implementation, and repeat terms; liaise with sending university staff as needed.
- Support the growth and effective delivery of custom programs through regular communication, timely responses, and knowledge-sharing with other departments in order to meet enrollment and retention goals; maintain productive working relationships with U.S.-based and international staff as well as U.S. university constituents.
- Prepare templates for customized program proposals and budgets as needed.
- Draft institutional agreements and student paperwork as needed.
- Serve as the Salesforce point person in the development of emergency contacts, forms, portal, etc.
- Generate customized program flyers and other documents such a pre-arrival resources.
- Create and disseminate evaluations with faculty and advisors and/or students.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- International experience, preferably living, working, or studying abroad
- Experience working in international education and/or higher education preferred
- Minimum of two years' work experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce (CRMs), study abroad application and/or enrollment management databases is a plus, but not required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deeply ingrained attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Superior research and writing skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational and time management abilities
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and flexibility toward evolving responsibilities in a growing organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work to deadlines, and adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the organization
- Strong initiative and sense of urgency to resolve problems and optimize processes
IFSA has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plan and generous paid time off. No relocation costs will be paid.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Mary Georgantes at email@example.com. Please reference "Program Coordinator" in the subject line. The successful final candidate must pass a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Institute for Study Abroad is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. www.ifsa-butler.org