The Institute for Study Abroad, an independent non-profit organization affiliated with Butler University, is seeking a Graduate Assistant for its Program Management and Development division.
The Graduate Assistant (GA) reports to the Assistant Director of Program Development and provides administrative support for the research and development processes for new IFSA-Butler program sites and/or program offerings.
The successful candidate will commit to a ten-month appointment from August 2017 to May 2018, with the possibility of extension, working 19 hours per week at IFSA-Butler's Indianapolis office. The structure and responsibilities of the GA position are ideally suited for a student or professional currently enrolled in a graduate program.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Development and Research-Based Projects (75%)
- Assist with research, data entry and analysis, and reporting for a wide range of projects. Draft correspondence, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Draft resources and documents for newly developed programs for multiple constituencies, such as students, parents and university partners.
- Support the growth and effective delivery of newly developed programs through regular communication, timely responses, and knowledge-sharing with other departments in order to meet enrollment and retention goals.
- Develop and implement multiple metrics and tools to inform ongoing improvements.
Program Management, Operations, and Administration (25%)
- Support communications between U.S.-based and international staff, fostering a collaborative climate.
- Support the implementation of assigned programs and/or projects, managing cross-functional program calendars and checklists; ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with ongoing initiatives related to the management of catalog and customized programs.
- Recommend organizational systems that facilitate efficient workflow processes and help to resolve problems as they arise.
- Contribute and review content for externally facing resources, events, and meetings as needed.
- Support accurate record-keeping across various technological platforms, building out program information and timelines in Salesforce, Basecamp, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree candidature strongly preferred.
- International experience, preferably study abroad experience as an undergraduate.
- Minimum of two years' work experience preferred.
- Experience working in international education and/or higher education preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior research and writing-based skills.
- Deeply ingrained attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and flexibility toward evolving responsibilities in a growing organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work to deadlines, and adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the organization.
- Proficiency in a second language other than English preferred.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Susan Hill at email@example.com. Please reference "Graduate Assistant" in the subject line. The successful final candidate must pass a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Institute for Study Abroad is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. www.ifsa-butler.org