Meet Our Costa Rica Resident Director
Rodney J. Vargas, Costa Rica Resident Director
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A RESIDENT DIRECTOR?
- I get my energy from the students as they react to the many exciting events in their new experience. It is wonderful to see them grow each day and becoming real locals.
- WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING STUDENTS LEARN IN COSTA RICA?
- Flexibility in adapting to the “Tico” way of life. Also, learning that “Gallo Pinto” is not just breakfast.
- WHAT IS ONE LITTLE-KNOWN FACT ABOUT COSTA RICA?
- The fact that there is no army, which was abolished in 1948.
- WHAT ARE SOME UNIQUE ASPECTS ABOUT COSTA RICA?
- Costa Rica is an amazing country, small but full of contrasts, a rich biodiversity, mostly protected within one-fourth of its territory. One finds more species of birds in Costa Rica than in all of North America!
- WHAT'S THE MOST AMAZING PLACE YOU'VE EVER VISITED?
- Canales de Tortuguero in Limon, Costa Rica.
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT BUSY WORKING WITH STUDENTS?
- I walk and jog every day at least 30 minutes, longer on weekends.
- WHAT'S THE ONE THING STUDENTS SHOULD PACK FOR COSTA RICA?
- Good sense of humor, rain gear, a positive attitude and lots of flexibility.
- Visit the Costa Rica Facebook page
- Visit our Costa Rica resident office website