Big Changes in Barcelona—See What’s New!
June 29, 2021
Starting in Spring 2022, students will have more exciting options than ever in this charming Catalan city. With feedback from our partners at various schools, we’ve transformed our Design Thinking, Business, and Liberal Arts program into four great programs that make it easy to find the ideal Mediterranean experience.
MORE OPTIONS, MORE ACCESS
- Academic options. Two IFSA-designed programs and two direct enroll options give students more flexibility to choose courses and maximize intercultural learning.
- Internships. Optional for all programs, internships allow students to roll up their sleeves alongside locals while gaining valuable hands-on experience.
- Flexible GPA requirements, with a 2.0 GPA minimum for IFSA Study in Barcelona.
- Broad appeal. Ideal for students of business, marketing, management, social sciences, Spanish language, and more.
- Language learning. Our Essential Spanish class ensures students without language experience can make the most of their time abroad. Students can study Catalan with IFSA Study in Barcelona Plus.
IFSA Study in Barcelona– Our most affordable, most accessible option
Our lowest-priced Barcelona program has a minimum GPA of 2.0, giving more students the opportunity to experience the unique benefits of study abroad with a deep dive into Catalan culture.
New Classes for Spring 2022 and Beyond:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Economics of Professional Soccer
- Entrepreneurship: Creating a Plan of Action
- Essential Spanish
- Identity and Politics in Spain
- International Finance
- Sustainability and the Global City
- Understanding Spain through its Art
Continuing Classes for Spring 2022 and Beyond:
• Exploring Barcelona: Identity in a Multicultural Society
• Linguistic Anthropology
• Essential Catalan
IFSA Study in Barcelona Plus: More options to match student ambitions
Designed for students with a GPA of at least 3.0, this program allows students to select IFSA classes that deepen their understanding of Catalan culture and enroll in a class at prestigious Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) for top quality finance, communications, politics, and more. UPF classes are offered in English and Spanish.
Barcelona Universities Program: UAB: Full-on immersion in the city center
With a campus in the heart of Barcelona, highly ranked Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) offers classes in English or Spanish for this new direct-enroll focused option, ideal for students interested in international business, humanities, and Spanish language. Includes four UAB classes and one IFSA class.
Barcelona Universities Program: UPF: Learn in English or Spanish at an elite university
Located just blocks from the ocean, prestigious Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) offers a vibrant campus life and services, plus access to a catalog of classes in English or Spanish on biomedical science, marketing, management, Hispanic and European studies, technology, and more. This new program includes four UPF classes and one IFSA class.