Partner With IFSA
Together, We Prepare Students for Life
Keeping students on track to earn their degree is a team effort, and as an educator the part you play is essential. Our role is to serve as your strategic partner in the realm of study abroad. We complement and support you through our programs, expertise, connections, resources—and most of all, our ability to find solutions that help students get the most out of their study abroad experience.
Our people make the difference
We’re a diverse group of educators with a passion for what we do. Our dedicated Student and International Education Team focuses on advising both you and your students, bringing deep expertise in international education, higher education practices, and the academic needs of today’s students.
How We Work With You
Our team becomes an extension of your staff, getting personally involved with students through our Appreciative Advising approach. In collaboration with you and each student, we develop individualized study abroad experiences that meet students where they are, ensuring their program advances them towards their academic, professional, and personal goals. We also handle all aspects of health, safety, and on-site support during the student’s program through the local IFSA resident staff.
- Flexible programs – You can offer your students direct enrollment at our partner institutions, create a tailored program taught by your own faculty, or take advantage of one of our accessible IFSA-taught programs. Whichever you choose, your students will gain valuable academic and life experience, and earn fully transferrable credits through our affiliation with Butler University.
- Seamless interaction – Our aim is to make offering study abroad programs to your students a integral part of their educational journey. Many of our partner universities have embraced this, formalizing their affiliation with IFSA and having billing go through the institution rather than to the student.
- Partner institution input – The IFSA Strategic Advisory Council consists of 15 members from universities working with us in the United States and other countries, providing detailed feedback and advice that helps us improve the quality and value of study abroad for every student.
Helping You Become a More Effective Educator
We offer a variety of engagement and professional development opportunities designed to empower and inform you about our organization, our programs, and the benefits of study abroad. Beyond personal growth, we hope these opportunities will help you stay active in the larger study abroad community.
- Visit a program site – Our sites are open for you to experience in person or virtually. If you are planning a trip to one of our locations, let us know and we’ll arrange a personalized visit with our team, including an itinerary that meets your objectives. Can’t make it overseas? We can set up a virtual visit for you, your staff, or your students.
- Watch a free webinar – Our Leadership and You Belong Here Series are available on-demand, ready to help education professionals like you build skills and gain insights when it’s convenient for you. Explore six You Belong Here episodes, packed with actionable tips to increase inclusion, all based on current findings. Our nine-part Leadership Series includes informative topics like working effectively with your career services office and best practices for student advising. See complete webinar menu.