Real education. Real academic benefit.
For IFSA, our partner institutions, and students, academics are the beating heart of study abroad. Personal growth, professional skill development, and intercultural immersion are all important parts of the experience—but academic credit that advances the student towards their degree is essential.
We set students up for academic success in a variety of ways. Through Appreciative Advising, individualized program design, and tools such as the searchable CHART database of partner institution programs, we ensure that each student is guided towards courses that keep them on track for graduation.
Credits with academic value
Butler University is a close affiliate and active partner for IFSA, endorsing courses, reviewing programs prior to launch, and serving as a critical member of the National Advisors Council Executive Committee and the IFSA Board of Directors.
- All of our programs include a Butler University transcript with your students’ coursework properly translated into the U.S. academic system.
- Transcripts are usually sent to your office or registrar about three to six months following the conclusion of the study abroad program.
- Students receive an unofficial grade report in their IFSA Student Portal, and they can order additional copies as needed from Student Clearinghouse.
- Students may appeal the content of transcripts through a formal record appeal process.
About Butler University
Butler University is a nationally recognized university in Indianapolis, Indiana, with six colleges and more than 65 degree programs. Accreditations include:
- Higher Learning Commission
- Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- …and many more.