Jon Erickson | February 6, 2023
We’re dialing up the cultural experience in Argentina. Thanks to our new, exclusive partnership with the City of Buenos Aires, all students will have opportunities to make authentic connections in this vibrant, multi-layered city:
- A personal welcome at Buenos Aires’ new City Hall, a stunning, award-winning facility designed by Norman Foster.
- A meet and greet with Argentine students at the start of Es Tu Dia, the city’s signature welcome event for students with music, workshops, embassy speakers, and more.
- Seats for live soccer or polo match, two Argentine favorites that promise nonstop thrills.
Additional Cultural Package
Five (5) IFSA Argentine students will be awarded an additional cultural package which includes:
- Tango lessons
- Embassy tour
- A visit to the Pink House (the Argentine equivalent to the U.S. White House)
- A tour exploring the influence of religion in Buenos Aires
This cultural package cannot be disbursed as cash, and cannot be transferred to another semester, non-IFSA program, or individual.
Entry: November 1, 2022
Winners Announced: Early February 2023
Alondra Romero | Bowdoin College
Archie Green | Bates College
Chloe Hughes | University of Minnesota
Jaylen Cardoso | Kenyon College
Samuel Palmer | Macalester College
IFSA reserves the right to withhold the cultural package for any reason.
- Students applying to the Spring 2023 IFSA Study in Buenos Aires, IFSA Study in Buenos Aires Plus, IFSA Study in Buenos Aires: Business and Economics, and IFSA Study in Buenos Aires: Psychology and Neuroscience programs are automatically entered.
- Application must be completed by Nov. 1, 2022 for a Spring 2023 IFSA Argentine program.
- Eligibility for IFSA programs states:
- Your home college or university must be in the U.S. or Canada. You must be an undergraduate student in good academic and disciplinary standing at a two-year or four-year college. Approval from your home institution may be required.
- You must have completed at least one semester of college before participating in a study abroad program.
- IFSA also accepts recent graduates or students seeking graduate degrees, however only undergraduate credit can be earned. Approval from your home institution may be required.
- You must meet the requirements of the host institution such as GPA minimums and language requirements.
- The recipient must consented to their general information being shared as a winner, for example their first name, home institution, and major.
- Once an IFSA applicant, the winners must complete their application by the posted deadline for their Argentine program of choice. As an applicant, the recipient is subject to all IFSA policies and procedures surrounding the application process with IFSA and/or the host institution.
- The recipient must sign their IFSA Student Acceptance Agreement to commit to their IFSA Argentine program of choice upon acceptance and adhere to all aspects of the agreement.
- IFSA’s decision on all matters relating to the cultural package award are final.