Summer & Fall 2022 Travel Grant Terms and Conditions
February 3, 2022
IFSA’s Summer and Fall Travel Grants are open to students wishing to study abroad with IFSA during the Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 terms. See below for complete information, rules, prizes, terms, and conditions.
Entry: Jan. 28, 2022 – May 15, 2022
Winners: Announced April – June, 2022
$500 and $1,000 travel grants to be used only toward an IFSA program for Summer 2022 or Fall 2022. Upon acceptance into an IFSA program, the grant will be added as a credit to the applicant’s IFSA student account. The grant cannot be disbursed as cash, or in any other form other than a credit to an IFSA account for payment toward student travel expenses. It cannot be transferred to another semester, non-IFSA program, or individual.
IFSA reserves the right to withhold prizes for any reason.
- 10, $500 grants will be awarded for Summer 2022.
- 10 $1,000 grants will be awarded for Fall 2022
Summer 2022 Travel Grant Winners
- Maya Bellowe
- Haley Coombs
- James Eilen
- Emily Gorman
- Rose Kim
- Benjamin Maruggi
- Colby McManis
- Jessie Navarro
- Danielle Neufville
- Sydney Smullen
Fall 2022 Travel Grant Winners
- Aliya Alvey
- Collette Aldrich
- Rohil Bhinge | University of California at Berkeley
- Amber Soucy | Skidmore College
- Foster Dutch | Austin Community College
- Serena Jeffers | Belmont University
- Madison Powell | University of Arkansas
- Esteban Elias | University of Texas at Austin
- Jae Bright | North Carolina Central University
- Luren Ariana Leon Villar |University of Colorado at Denver
- Competition is open to any eligible student who signs up via our webforms located through a Facebook form hosted by IFSA or this website form.
- Entries must be received by April 1, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for summer options and by May 15, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for fall program options.
- Eligibility for IFSA programs is outlined here and states:
- Your home college or university must be in the U.S. or Canada. You must be an undergraduate student in good academic and disciplinary standing at a two-year or four-year college. Approval from your home institution may be required.
- You must have completed at least one semester of college before participating in a study abroad program.
- IFSA also accepts recent graduates or students seeking graduate degrees, however only undergraduate credit can be earned. Approval from your home institution may be required.
- You must meet the requirements of the host institution such as GPA minimums and language requirements.
- Eligible students may only enter once.
- By entering to win, the recipient has consented to their general information being shared as a winner, for example their first name, home institution, and major.
- IFSA’s decision on all matters relating to the giveaway are final.
Upon Winning, Recipients Must Adhere to the Following
Once a prize is awarded, the recipient must provide confirmation of their full name, home institution, major of study, and begin an IFSA application for their program of choice if they have not already.
Once an IFSA applicant, the winner must complete their application by the posted deadline for their program of choice. As an applicant, the recipient is subject to all IFSA policies and procedures surrounding the application process with IFSA and/or the host institution.
The recipient must sign their IFSA Student Acceptance Agreement to commit to their IFSA program of choice upon acceptance and adhere to all aspects of the agreement.