IFSA alumni may order additional official transcripts from Butler University. Requests for official Butler University transcripts must be submitted via Butler University’s online transcript ordering service provided by the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit organization serving the higher education community.
The ordering website allows you to track your transcript, receive texts and/or email updates on your transcript status, upload any documents that must be submitted for your Butler University transcript and request an electronic PDF transcript. You may also request that your transcript be expedited for an additional fee. If you studied abroad through IFSA prior and up to 2008, please enter your Social Security Number to request your Butler University transcript.
You may need your Butler University student ID number in order to request your transcript if your Social Security number is not recognized. This number can be found in the IFSA Student Portal if you studied abroad in Spring 2017 or later. If you cannot access your Butler University ID in the IFSA Student Portal, please send an email request to our Academic Records Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will reach out to you to ask a series of security questions in order to share your identification number.
ORDERING YOUR TRANSCRIPT
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- Type “Butler University” in the “Enter the school you want to request your transcript from” field.
- Use your U.S. Social Security Number to identify your records to order your transcript from this ordering service.
- Follow the website ordering prompts. You will be able to enter the specific physical address or email address where you want each transcript sent, and they will be sent in a sealed envelope or secure electronic format.
- There is a $9 fee for each transcript requested plus a $2.50 processing fee for each recipient. All requests are processed within five working days, but there is an option to have one sent overnight for an additional fee.
If you have any other questions about the transcript request process, please contact IFSA at 317.940.9336 or 800.858.0229.
Butler University will not issue a transcript where there is an outstanding account balance, including library fines, unpaid telephone bills, and any costs resulting from damages to IFSA or host university facilities.